Chamber & Community News
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS OF OUR 24th ANNUAL FUNDRAISER
Grand Prize winner of the Chamber’s 24th Annual Fundraiser is D. Colton, holder of Ticket No. 0119. 2nd Prize went to D. Belcastro with Ticket No. 1192, and 3rd Prize was won by S. Sowizral holder of Ticket No. 2114. Our THANKS to all of our ticket holders for their support of this annual event held to help fund the Chamber’s Education & Community programs and to maintain the Chamber building. Again, CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS!
- SOUTH FAYETTE TWP. WINNER OF GOVERNOR’S AWARD
CONGRATULATIONS to South Fayette Township for winning the state DCED Governor’s Award for Local Government Excellence in the “Information Technology” category. The award recognizes the township’s website and social media platforms…..Take a look at www.southfayettepa.com
- NEW BOOK BY LOCAL AUTHOR – “HISTORY OF SOUTH FAYETTE”
IMAGES OF AMERICA: SOUTH FAYETTE TOWNSHIP written by Charlotte Smith, local author, columist, and South Fayette School District substitute teacher,has recently been published by Arcadia Publishing as a part of their “Images of America” series. The book was written by Charlotte on behalf of the South Fayette Historical Society and is available in Barnes & Noble bookstores and online @ Amazon, Arcadia Publishing and Barnes & Noble.
- CHARTIERS CENTER NEWS
Chartiers Center is now a licensed provider of Substance Abuse Outpatient Treatment Services and is accepting referrals for treatment. The program is open to adolescents and adults age 12 and older who have displayed a need for outpatient substance abuse treatment, as well as an appropriate level of care for individuals who are diagnosed with a co-occurring mental health disorder. The program includes individual counseling, family counseling, psychiatric evaluations and, if needed, medication management. To refer a new patient to the program or for additional information call 412-221-3302 x 123.
- DO YOU KNOW ABOUT PA’S ELECTRONIC LIBRARY?
Looking for information and don’t know where to start? Try the Pennsylvania POWER Library. POWER Library is the online portal to all that Pennsylvania libraries offer. This is the place to find trustworty answers to questions about healthcare, consumer purchases, personal finances, and much more. Enjoy free 24/7 access to newspapers, magazines, journals, historical documents and photos, online databases, and eBooks. Research a subject. Learn about your family history. Repair your car. Locate a title. Explore career options. It is all at the POWER LIBRARY. Most of the site is open for browsing, but to use the online e-resources, you must have a library card issued by a library in PA or you can obtain an eCard at https://powerlibrary.auto-graphics.com/ that will allow you to access the POWER Library e-resources. For additional info. contact your local Library.
- South Hills Street Map AvailableA comprehensive color street map of the South Hills and connecting Washington County communities is available from the South West Communities Chamber of Commerce.Detailed communities with street index include Bridgeville, Collier, Scott, South Fayette, Heidelberg, Upper St. Clair, Peters Township, Mt. Lebanon, Bethel Park, Cecil, McDonald, Green Tree, Carnegie, Southpointe, and others.Complimentary copies of the map may be obtained at the chamber office located at 999 Washington Pike, Bridgeville, PA 15017.For additional information, call 412-221-4100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.